Research Assistant – Systematic Literature Review
NOTE: This position is based in either our Burlington, ON or Sydney, NS offices.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist with a variety systematic literature reviews
- Prepare research protocols, define and refine research questions as they pertain to literature review objectives
- Develop inclusion/exclusion criteria within the PICOS framework to be implemented during screening process
- Conduct the screening of abstracts and full-text articles against defined inclusion/exclusion criteria to assess their suitability for inclusion in the review
- Review the PRISMA diagram depicting the study attrition
- Perform article abstraction, validate data abstraction
- Development of concise written summaries
- Participation in client meetings (attend teleconferences, record minutes, etc.)
- Write technical reports, summaries, slide decks, and manuscripts for publication
- The qualified candidate will have a BSc or comparable college degree in a medically-related field such as biology and pharmacology, biochemistry, biology or epidemiology
- Experience in conducting systematic literature reviews is an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required, with an emphasis on being able to synthesize information from a body of literature
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and multitasking capabilities
- Able to adapt to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines
Please forward your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and note the title of the position for which you are applying in the subject of the email.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. All other resumes will be kept on file for six months in the event that new positions become available.
Please include a cover letter and college/university transcripts (unofficial is fine) with your resume.